Why Jesus?-2012


People often ask me
Whats so great about your God
Why worship Him alone
Why is HE alone ur Lord

This is a good question
One that I too would like to ask
And if I didn’t get an answer
Wud take the person to task

So do u mean to say
that everyone else is wrong
the way theyre going is foolish
and you alone going strong

but hey its not for me
to judge who’s wrong and right
but iv never tasted anything better
iv not seen a brighter light

I never believed in jesus
Neer liked to take his name
I believed god is one
No religion had special rights to claim

People told me about hell
And I told them to take a walk
God couldn’t be so merciless
Why would he want us to get a shock

  As my search continued
And my hunger for truth grew
Hinduism,Buddhism,atheism
And art of living too

My heart was still not satisfied
My mind was not appeased
I thought maybe life was about doing good
But I was still not at ease

And so I took a u turn
Came back to where I began
Met people who knew Him closely
Started learning about The Man

I really couldn’t believe
He shed His blood for me
Sounded so unrealistic
That He came to set me free

I said Lord if you really are
Then reveal yourself to me
Unless im graced by your presence
I really wont believe

He said seek and find
So I started reading the Word
And lo and behold my friend
I was shaken, yet not stirred

I said great, now youre talking
But I want a little more
Don’t leave me with a doubt
Or ill have to close the door

And then that day did come
When my questions came to an end
I was filled with the joy of His presence
The Holy Spirit became my friend

They say tell us more about Him
But how can I explain
Words are just not enough
To share my joy gained through His pain

The blood HE shed was perfect
He had every right to live
But HE chose to take the cross
So God wudnt see my sin

Some bow now, some will later
But the day is not far off
When every knee will bow n tongue confess
That Jesus Christ is Lord

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Humans

Waiting

Australia