MY NEST




I remember the day
It hasn’t been too long
When life changed forever
And my lips were filled with song

For long I was just flying
Telling all about Him
Enjoying life anew
Nothing made me grim

Fear went out the window
Worries laid to rest
No thought about the morrow
I just knew I was so blest

Then troubles came a knocking
I stood on solid ground
The Word of God upheld me
There was no falling down

I was pressed but not crushed
Perplexed but not in despair
Struck down, not destroyed
There was no wear n tear


Months passed into years
Grip loosened on the Word
Experience became the teacher
The hunter caught the bird

Gaze turned on the world
N soon I was crying foul
When would you change things Lord
I did start to howl

Doubt turned into fear
Sorrow into hopelessness
Love turned into anger
Mountain an abyss

My neighbors speck was growing
While my log I ignored
I wondered why I struggled
N why I bore a load

I thought I was serving God
By my suffering and pain
I forgot I am a sinner
For whom your Son was slain

The Lord then I did hear
Whisper softly by my side
Return and rest to be saved
In Quietness n confidence,hide

The flurry of activity
Started rolling to a stop
The questions soon ceased
The sprint became a jog

And yet I still have a long way
Till I lay my ‘self’ to rest
Lord fill me with your love again
As I fly back to our nest

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Humans

Waiting

Australia