Boxes



I lived in boxes
Safe, defined, certain
I knew what each contained
My lil world of knowing

A beautiful box called God
An exciting box called career
An overflowing box for ministry
And an intricate box for marriage

And then these were gone
Faith, career, ministry, family
All afloat in what feels like nothingness
But is in fact everythingness

Not limited by my beliefs
Not limited by my understanding
not limited by my experiences
Not even by my desires

Room for deeper wider higher
Of the unknown
Freedom from expectations
Freedom from fear
Freedom to fly, to be carried

What or who removed these boxes
God, gently unclenched my fists
That held on tightly for fear
Insecurity sadness grief anger

Healed, i let go of all i had known and loved
Left open to the forces of nature
Open to be moved outside and away
Open to see new ways lands people work

Open to not know much
Open to be a tiny little speck of dust
Awaiting not a box to live in
But to allow God and life to be the only box

God, i am yours, this little speck of dust
Loves you and is loved by you
Alive on Earth, then alive in eternity
A cell of Your supreme Being

Wherever I go you are there
I can never fall out of YOU
You are my boundary
You are my home, my identity
I am not lost
Except in Your vastness, everythingness.
Stay little speck, be not alarmed
The striving is over. The performance is over. The pain is over. The search is over.
Just float
Just be
Content
Rest for your being
At last.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Humans

Waiting

Australia