My Body My Choice

 


I hear the sounds of rejoicing
My heart leaps with joy
At last my rights may be recognized
My body my choice

This body belongs to me
All my senses and my voice
Who made you judge and owner over me?
My body my choice

Life’s decisions aren’t always easy
Especially with all the noise!
Is it really so hard to stand and support me?
My body my choice

My choice comes with consequences
Often lacking perfect poise
Perhaps I will regret having made it
But my body my choice

Wait, what is that sound of wailing?
Oh this sound, my heart destroys
If only I could flee this prison to safety
They decreed; this is not my body and most certainly not my choice

You fight for children who are hungry
You fight for those sick and abused
You will rescue children from wars
You will work for those not yet in school

But why do I not matter enough to you to be fought for?
Is my crime that you can neither see nor hear me?
Is it my weakness or lack of completion?
But can you show me one on Earth who is complete?

But before I go I express my gratitude
To the seventy two that heard the still small voice,
‘Dont kill me, please let me in to ‘your’ Earth
Please listen….to live, to be alive is MY CHOICE!’.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Humans

Waiting

Australia