Master's Sigh
I
thank you for my guttural prayers
That you have left unanswered
I thank you for those hurting parts
You have left unmended
I thank you for the cracks i see
That do not disappear
I thank you for the thorn in my side
And the words i never hear
I thank you for my weaknesses
That you dont pluck and heal
I thank you for the losses
That the dark silent winters deal
I thank you for the unrequited
Exhales without the inhale
I thank you i haven’t made it
Oh how i thank you my Sail
I thank you for in all you didn’t
I found You and me and more
Oh what folly, sin my thirsty flesh
In one sip a drunken bore
Oh sin residing within me
How quickly you forget His Name.
Speedily discarding first love
Greedily hungering shame
The Lover calls out return yet
Return oh gentle child
In every unanswered ache and
loss
The lamb finds her Masters sigh
Comments