The Bend
Lord I want to be like you
But I am nowhere close
Not because YOU cant change me
But because from you my distance grows
Change my diseased heart oh Lord
You know only you can
A heart that focusses on my needs
What a waste of your plan
You gave me your Spirit Lord
and I act like you didn't
Oh the precious joys I lose out on
With a will set in flint
Yet my hope is in you
You alone can deliver
Myself from my wretchedness
The terror and shiver
Restore me to confidence
Precious Lord my friend
As life unfolds with each day
May I meet you at the bend
But I am nowhere close
Not because YOU cant change me
But because from you my distance grows
Change my diseased heart oh Lord
You know only you can
A heart that focusses on my needs
What a waste of your plan
You gave me your Spirit Lord
and I act like you didn't
Oh the precious joys I lose out on
With a will set in flint
Yet my hope is in you
You alone can deliver
Myself from my wretchedness
The terror and shiver
Restore me to confidence
Precious Lord my friend
As life unfolds with each day
May I meet you at the bend
Comments