Change
Australia
A country at the far end of our world maps. As a child I remember learning that 'there' Christmas came in the summertime and laughing incredulously.
Comfortably settled into our new home, great job and surrounded by family and friends in India's capital, Delhi had always been home.
It was on one such day when my dearest husband dropped a bomb in my peaceful life saying, lets go to Australia. I don't really remember that moment but I am quite sure I would have pretended like I didn't hear and hoped really hard that it was just a random statement made on a random day for no random reason. But I knew my husband better than that! Once he had developed an idea in his head I don't know anyone or anything who could make him budge. I smelt trouble or should I say, I smelt Australia.
As days and weeks passed I literally saw the seed of the idea grow into a massive oak tree in his brain. Phew! I'd had it!
I resisted in all ways possible. Silence, reasoning, 'you wouldn't come with me to Africa would you?, and even by changing the topic( which I have found surprisingly effective!!:)
But that tree kept growing and taking up all the space in our home starting from the living room to EVERY single room until I could no longer avoid it.
I finally looked at the preposterous idea in its face and could hear a bell ringing in my head saying, what if its Gods will? I had learnt in the past how God uses our spouse to accomplish His will in our lives and I knew I was no one to resist, knowing it was Gods will. Over the years I'v learnt to submit to what my husbands thinks is best even when I don't entirely agree with it because it turns out best. I express my views and trust God to work through him and He does! Trust me it saves tons of energy, time and conflict but iv definitely learnt it the hard way.
However all said and done when it comes to bigger decisions it really isn't that easy to let go. So to keep my peace I ask God to speak to me and He usually does.
And so I went ahead and asked. I must say I was rather surprised to know His answer. I didn't tell Cyril about the whole conversation right then as it meant backing down on what I had been vehemently opposing(read ego and fear) and told him later.But from that point on I just pretty much shut up and went along with the flow.
To cut the blah blah short I'm writing this on my way home from work in a beautiful part of Australia called Gold Coast.
More on this side of the world soon!
Comments