my bhais...

I’ve always believed that I’m blessed beyond belief (BBB!!!)
To begin with I was born as the seventh sister of 3 brothers!!!
I don’t know if they were bored of having so many of our side of the species at home but I have definitely enjoyed having these rock solid beings around.
My eldest brother and I have a gap of 23 years between us! So it is not very surprising that I was very scared of him. We used to scream and scamper around the house till he came home from work. Then we would try to be well behaved, as a gaggle of children after a tiring day is not a great relaxant! But the good part was he was the person who bought me my first storybooks. I still remember leafing through a story about monkeys trying to reach the moon the millionth time! As part of his daily routine he would bring jasmine garlands for the altar. I will never forget the sweet smell that turned a house into a home. And thanks to him we would always wake up to Jim Reeves! Another routine we all shared was every year at Holi. We would think of a million pretexts to get him out of his room just to spray some water on his crispy Kurta Pyjama. It was too sweet when he did get fooled! Some routines in life are so comforting.
Memories of my second brother are all to do with our evening matches. From Hockey to Chess we’ve played them all. And thanks to my parents there were always enough players around! So to balance the team he and I would be a team i.e. Tom and Jerry! The other pair would be the bro-sis duo who were born after Tom and before Jerry in the chronological cycle. Now Tom was quite a formidable team player who expected nothing less than the best from poor little Jerry. I would pant and race to make sure I averted his admonishing. I remember boasting for months together on breaking a nail, saving a goal in a hockey match!! But at the end of the day –win/lose I was proud to be in his team! He was the best!
My third brother was my fighting companion. After all there is no point of a childhood devoid of fights. All the same we were ‘decent’ children and a fight wasn’t usually more than a volley of words! And my father, having a soft corner for girls often came down heavily on him much to my guilty delight. My favorite weapon with him were my hands!! You see he was deliciously ticklish!! And though I had the exact same problem I made the most of his weakness! We would often lie down and read books together patiently waiting for the other to finish the page when just one book was available.
It is very sweet to see how protective brothers can be. They are always trying to save their bratty sisters from the big bad world!
My friends would often complain about not having a brother and I would always offer to lend them one! But the truth is I wouldn’t part with a single one. A page in VOD is not enough to talk about all that I have learnt from them. I have a part of all three of them in me!!
And though I don’t know when Brother’s Day is, I wish loads of love and warmth to all brothers reading this post!
Bhai Bhai!!
God bless!

(Sister of Michael, Jibrael and Alex!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Humans

Waiting

Australia